About the Acheson Business Association
The ABA is an organization of business and professional people with the primary purpose of promoting the commercial, industrial, social and civic interests of the Acheson Industrial Area in which it was established.
To establish Acheson as a world class industrial area as one of the most desirable and well managed commercial locations in Alberta.
The Acheson Business Association represents its members, and is a collaborative partner in advocating for initiatives and services that provide value for its members, the Acheson Industrial area and the greater Edmonton area.
The Acheson Business Association embraces a set of values to support its Vision and Mission:
- Trust/Integrity/Honesty: The value of having integrity as an organization, honestly dealing with members and stakeholders and earning trust cannot be measured. The ABA values its reputation of honesty and integrity and views earned trust as priceless.
- Transparency: The ABA will conduct its business in a transparent manner – holding the interests of members paramount and dealing with all stakeholders openly.
- Commitment: The Vision and Mission of the ABA drive its commitment to the members, to the Acheson industrial park and to the economic well-being of Alberta.
- Accountability: As a member driven organization the ABA is accountable to its members. All actions taken by the Association are based on interaction and feedback from the membership.
- Anticipatory: The Board and staff of the ABA strive to anticipate issues and actions that might impact the members and the industrial park allowing the Association to get out in front of issues rather than reacting to events and decisions by external stakeholders.
There is strength in numbers. Formed in 2004, the ABA has a strong voice and is able to effectively shape the future of the Acheson Industrial Area because the ABA represents a large number of Acheson businesses. The members frequently share their concerns and issues in order for the ABA to better represent their interests.