2023 Board of Director Nominations
The Acheson Business Association is a membership driven organization steered by a Board of Directors. Our actions and goals are guided and supported by our three value pillars of providing a voice to our membership, acting as a resource hub for important, relevant, and timely information and as a connector bringing businesses and people together to facilitate meaningful opportunities to build better business connections for our members.
Serving as an Acheson Business Association Director is an opportunity to help further the continued growth and cohesiveness of the Acheson Industrial Park.
ABA members in good standing who would like to contribute to the strategic direction and make a significant impact to the Association and the Acheson business community, are invited stand for election to our Board of Directors.
We have two Director positions open for the upcoming year.
- Member in good standing with the ABA
- Nominated by an ABA member in good standing
What qualities make a good candidate for the Board?
- Acts in the best interest of the Association and its members
- Strategic thinker and leader in the business community
- Collaborative spirit and relationship builder
- Represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives
- Demonstrated experience or proficiency in the areas of one or more of the following: Financials and accounting, business development, strategic planning and government relations and policy.
The Board of Directors are responsible for the stewardship of the ABA and oversight of the management of the organization. They provide strategic leadership to the organization as well as determining the vision, mission, and priorities. The Board is accountable to the membership and to those that provide funds to the operation of the organization.
- Attend monthly Board meetings throughout the year
- Be an ambassador for the organization and promote its work in the business community
- Develop policy frameworks
- Participate in and attend special events where required
- Ensure the organization’s financial viability and sustainability
As a Board, we embrace diversity and inclusion are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
All eligible candidates meeting the criteria are asked to submit an application by November 10, 2022.
Voting will take place at the AGM on November 23.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Jennifer Herrick at email@example.com or call 780-960-0699.