Member Spotlight: Western Star Trucks (North)
The doors opened spring of 1984 in Edmonton, AB but expanded quickly with the purchase of Western Star Trucks in 1987.
For years the company provided the area with quality trucks and unmatched service but knew it needed to expand to better serve its customers. In 1998 the Grande Prairie branch opened its doors and evolved into a full-service Western Star and Freightliner dealership and in 2018 a full-service dealership opened in Fort McMurray.
Moving from the West end of Edmonton, Western Star Trucks (North) Ltd also known as WSN opened their new location in Acheson in September of 2017. The great highway frontage with 20 acres of space made Acheson a prime location to grow their operations and service the industry in more ways.
Their Acheson Location features:
- 110,000 square foot facility
- 36 service bays
- 6 fabricating bays
- 17 body shop bays
- An extra-large truck wash with 4 auto detail areas
This location (just west of Edmonton in Acheson) is geared toward premium customer service. The 3-roller dyno will accommodate all sizes and configurations of vehicles, while the state-of-the-art body shop boasts the largest paint booth in the area with over 120 feet of usable space.
WSN is a family-owned business that is proud to support the community and businesses in the region. They have grown substantially since moving to Acheson with many of their top customers’ businesses located in the industrial park. WSN is proud to say they do business with companies like Myshak Group, Thompson Bros, Spruce Grove Saints, Summit Trailer, Hayworth and more.
A large part of this company’s culture is a connection to the community:
- They have been members of the Acheson Business Association for 5 years.
- They are large supporters of the Kinsmen & Kinettes with the Acheson Christmas Hampers.
- They partner with the Spruce Grove Saints, Nex Gen Transportation and GS Construction for an annual outdoor concert called Hockey Sticks and Honky Tonk (in its 2nd year).
- They are community partners with the Stollery Children’s Hospital and give a portion of their merchandise sales in donations.
- And they provide employment to over 100 workers, many of them from Morinville, St Albert and a large percentage from Spruce Grove and Parkland County.
CEO Ted Gregson was quoted at an ABA event in 2019, “It’s about getting to know your neighbours and making a difference in your community.”
Being a part of the Acheson Business Association has benefited WSN with networking and exposure in the business community.
With the ABA, Western Star Trucks (North) Ltd. has:
- Hosted the 2019 Christmas Hamper Cocktail event in their building
- Title Sponsor of 2021 Golf Tournament
- Made use of networking opportunities and connected with business community.
- Connected to and developed business relationships and leads from events.
Contact Western Star Trucks (North)
You can find Western Star Trucks (North) Ltd. in Acheson’s Zone 2, in their beautiful 111,000 sq foot facility. While you are there, make sure to visit the Western Star Café for tasty homestyle food, open for breakfast, lunch, and event catering. We can attest that the cinnamon buns and breakfast sandwiches are delicious!
24210 114 Avenue
Acheson, AB T7X 6B9
Sales and Marketing Director at Western Star Trucks (North) Ltd.